Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A little bummed...

So work has been pretty slow lately. Since I just got off orientation last week I hardly ever got called off, but a lot of my co-workers had been using all their vacation time just to get by. Well, last week my supervisor gave us the opportunity to cross train in other areas of the hospital in orders to get our hours. Of course with bills to pay I jumped at the opportunity. So today I went to a meeting, to what I thought was to go over the specifics. Well, it turns out that I pretty much got transferred to the MedSurg unit until Labor and Delivery picks back up. At first I was upset, just because I felt like I was just getting comfortable where I was, and now I have to start all over again. To be honest MedSurg really scares me. You have 6-7 patients and they can all have a different diagnosis and gobs of meds. So I start tomorrow, hopefully it will go OK. I know I am lucky to have a job, it just really caught me off guard and I really did love what I was doing. I am just going to try and keep a good attitude, and hopefully everything will go fine. One good thing is that I get to orient on days instead of nights, and probably even get a day position when I'm off orientation. Hopefully labor and delivery will pick up soon, so I can get back to what I love!

No comments: